Automatic Drivng lessons in Grays, Tilbury, South Ockendon, Chadwell St Mary, Orsett, Corringham, Stanford Le Hope, Hornchurch, Upminster, Cranham, Basildon, Brentwood Driving school in Grays, in Tilbury,Thurrock, Havering, Essex
The home of Automatic Driver Training
1. Open the bonnet, identify where you would check the engine oil level and tell me how you would check that the engine has sufficient oil
Identify dipstick / oil level indicator, describe check of oil level against the minimum/ maximum markers.
2. Open the bonnet, identify where you would check the engine coolant level and tell me how you would check that the engine has the correct level
Identify high / low level markings on header tank where fitted or radiator filler cap, and describe how to top up to correct level when the engine is cold.
3. Open the bonnet identify where the brake fluid reservoir is and tell me how you would check that you have a safe level of hydraulic brake fluid
Identify reservoir, check level against high /low markings
4. Identify where the windscreen washer reservoir is and tell me how you would check the windscreen washer level
Identify reservoir and explain how to check level
5. Tell me where you would find the information for the recommended tyre pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked
Manufacturers guide, use a reliable pressure gauge, check and adjust pressures when tyres are cold, don’t forget spare tyre, remember to refit valve caps
6. Tell me how you would check the tyres to ensure that they have sufficient tread depth and that their general condition is safe to use on the road
No cuts and bulges, minimum 1.6mm of tread depth across the central ¾ of the breadth of the tyre and around the entire outer circumference
7. Tell me how you would check that the brakes are working before starting a journey
Brakes should not feel spongy or slack. Brakes should be tested as you set off. Vehicle should not pull to one side
8. Tell me how you would check that the headlights & tail lights are working
Operate switch, walk around vehicle
9. Tell me how you would make sure your head restraint is correctly adjusted so it provides the best protection in the event of a crash
The head restraint should be adjusted so the rigid part of the head restraint is at least as high as the eye or top of the ears and as close to the back of the head as is comfortable
10. Tell me how you would know if there was a problem with your anti-lock
A warning light on the dashboard should illuminate if there is a fault with the anti-l lock braking system
11. Show me / explain how you would check that the power assisted steering is working before starting a journey
If the steering becomes heavy the system may not be working properly. Before starting a journey two simple checks can be made. Gentle pressure on the steering wheel, maintained while the engine is started, should result in a slight but noticeable movement as the system begins to operate. Alternatively turning the steering wheel just after moving off will give an immediate indication that the power assistance is functioning.
12. Show me how you would check that the brake lights are working on this car
Switch on ignition (not engine) Operate brake pedal, make use of reflections in windows, garage doors etc, or ask someone to help
13. Show me how you would check that the direction indicators are working
Applying the indicators or hazard warning switch and check functioning of all indicators
14. Show me how you would check that the horn is working (off road only)
Check is carried out by using control
15. Show me how you would check the parking brake for excessive wear
Apply footbrake. Demonstrate by applying parking brake that when it is fully applied it secures itself, and is not at the end of the working travel
16. Show me how you would clean the windscreen using the windscreen washer and wipers
Switch on ignition (not engine). Operate control to wash and wipe windscreen
17. Show me how you would set the demister controls to clear the windows effectively; this should include both front and rear screens
Set all relevant controls to blow hot air onto windscreen.
18. Show me how you would switch on the rear fog light(s) and explain when you would use it/ them
Operate switch (turn on dipped headlights and ignition, not engine, Check warning light is on. Explain when you would use fog lights.
19. Show me how you switch your headlights from dipped to main beam and explain how you would know the main beam is on.
Operate switch (with ignition or engine on if necessary), check with main beam warning light on dashboard.
© Automatic FiveStar 2011-17
|Show Me Tell Me|
|ADI Part 1|
|ADI Part 2|
|ADI Part 3|
|Terms and Conditions|
|Working with us|
|Automatic Driving Lessons in Thurrock|
|Automatic Driving lessons in South Ockendon|
|Automatic Driving lessons in Grays|